Foundational Tips for Interpreting the 7 Top Passages on Women and Men in Ministry, by Bruce C.E. Fleming, Founder of the Tru316 Project
1. Get Genesis 3:16 right first: God didn’t curse Eve or limit woman in any way.
2. Get Genesis 2:18 right: God created the man and woman as equal partners in Eden.
3. Get Ephesians 5:15-6:9 right: All believers are united with Christ in one joint–body.
4. Get Ephesians 5:21-22 right: Vertical submission is changed to horizontal in Christ.
5. Get 1 Timothy 2:8-3:13 right: Paul corrected and restored wayward overseers.
6. Get 1 Timothy 2:11-12 right: These women (being restored) “Let Learn!”
7. Get 1 Corinthians 11:4-6 right: Paul quotes the legalists to then refute their proposal.
8. Get 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 right: Paul quotes them again and dismisses their ideas.
9. Get 1 Peter 3:1-7 right: Peter advises witnessing wives (1-6) and then husbands (7).
Next step? Get The Book of Eden, Genesis 2-3 by Bruce C. E. Fleming based on the work of Joy Fleming, PhD, PsyD. More? Join the Tru316 Project and get involved in special workshops, The Eden Podcast and more!